David P. Lustbader, DMD
Dr. Lustbader received his Bachelor of Arts (Magna Cum Laude) and his Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree from Boston University receiving many other awards during his dental education. He completed his Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New York with an emphasis on Reconstructive, Implant and Pre-Prosthetic Surgery. He served as Clinical Instructor for SUNY at Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine for two years and at Boston University School of Dental Medicine from 1991 to the present.
Being Board certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Lustbader is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He is actively involved in numerous local and national societies, including membership in the Alpha Omega Fraternity, Massachusetts Dental Society, American Dental Association, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, secretary, treasurer and past president of the South Shore District Dental Society, and past president of the Massachusetts Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Subsequently he spends several hundred hours each year as a presenter at national and regional continuing education events and conventions. He is honored to be a Fellow of the American and International College of Dentists. Dr. Lustbaders main area of clinical interest is dental implant surgery, of which he has performed over 15,000 procedures.
Dr. Lustbader was President and Chief Medical Officer at Steward Carney Hospital, where he continues as Chief of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is also Chief of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Milton Hospital, and is a clinical instructor at Boston Medical Center.
Dr. Lustbader came to South Shore Oral Surgery Associates immediately following his hospital training. From the start his commitment to excellence and providing his patients with the highest quality of care is evidenced both by his fine reputation with his patient and professional community and his dedication to this community.
- Past President and Chief Medical Officer, Caritas Carney Hospital, Boston, MA
- Past President, Massachusetts Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Past President, South Shore District Dental Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, National Board of Dental Anesthesia
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Trustee, Massachusetts Dental Society
- Chairman, Dean’s Board of Trustees, Boston University School of Dental Medicine