What Is A Laser?
The word “laser” is an acronym, which stands for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
A surgical laser, such as the CO2 laser, is a beam of light capable of removing unwanted tissue. , and treat cold sores and canker sores. The advantage to the operator includes a clean dry field that enhances visibility and reduce the procedure time. The patient benefits by minimal postoperative pain and swelling.
Advantages of CO2 laser over cold steel surgical blade procedures:
- Dry and bloodless surgery
- Minimal postoperative swelling and scarring
- Reduces bacteremia
- Instant sterilization of the surgical site
- Reduced mechanical trauma
- Minimal postoperative pain